The FLM program is designed to develop and enhance the leadership skills of the next generation of professionals who will guide and lead FPDA, the industry, and their companies.
Questions? Contact FPDA's Education Team
Through a lunch-time chat, Bill Haley, FPDA President-Elect, FORCE America Inc. took a few minutes to explain the FLM program in greater detail and share the experience he has had in working with our 1st FLM class. Listen in to learn more...
Over 13 months and approximately 60 hours, candidates will
- work with a mentor and build relationships with their FLM peers,
- participate in self-directed and (virtual) classroom learning,
- complete a series of projects designed to ensure understanding of key concepts to increase performance and the bottom line, and
- enhance natural leadership abilities in positive and productive ways.
Leadership is the art of executing a set of critical skills that encompasses influence, impact, and integrity. Here is a snapshot of what candidates will gain individually and as a team:
- Behavioral Insights: Using the TriMetrixEQ Assessment, candidates will have a clear understanding of their leadership style and tendencies, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Distribution 401: Attend selected advanced UID workshops focused on driving net profit, understanding the cost of mistakes, managing inventory, and building margins. Develop a comprehensive understanding of key facets within the fluid power industry.
- Facets of Leadership: Understand the difference between leadership and management; develop the skill sets to create productive teams and collaborative environments; understand your method of communication to finesse win-win outcomes; improve verbal and written communication, hone your listening skills, and learn to read body language.
- Mentoring and Coaching: Work with a mentor in the industry and participate in small group and one-on-one meetings with a professional career coach.
- University of Innovative Distribution. Participate in this concentrated educational program focused on the unique needs of the wholesale distribution industry.
Time and Travel Commitment for Candidates
About five hours a month to participate in a pre-scheduled program calendar; one week in March to attend UID, and three days to attend the Industry Summit over two consecutive years.
Time and Travel Commitment for Mentors
About 90 minutes a month dedicated for calls with your mentee; attend the Mentor Training meet your Mentee at the Industry Summit on Monday, October 2, participate as a panelist or contributor to at least one scheduled program.
Candidate Travel Dates
|2023 Industry Summit Candidates & Candidate Mentors||October 1-4, 2023||Tuscon, AZ|
2024 University of Innovative Distribution
|March 11-14, 2024||Indianapolis, IN|
2024 Industry Summit Candidates & Candidate Mentors
|October 1-3, 2024||Ft. Worth, TX|
- Cost: $5,000
- Company commitment to cover the cost of travel/hotel to and from in-person activities.
The program fee includes two consecutive registrations to the Industry Summit at the beginning and end of the program ($1,800); one registration for UID ($1,295); three team and one-on-one coaching sessions; and virtual presentations and workshops.
Note: The program fee does not include the cost of travel, accommodations, and incidental costs of travel to attend program segments. This will be the employer's responsibility.
Future Leaders in Motion (FLM) Sponsorship - $2,500
Support the Future Leaders in Motion (FLM) program designed to develop and enhance the leadership skills of the next generation of professionals who guide and lead FPDA, the industry, and their companies. As a sponsor of the 2022-2023 FLM class, you receive year-round recognition as described below:
- Your linked logo on FPDA’s home page and the FLM webpage
- Acknowledgment of your support in all FLM marketing materials
- Your linked logo in FPDA’s e-newsletter InMotion
- Recognition of your sponsorship in all FLM e-seminars and workshops
- Acknowledgment of your sponsorship at the 2023 Industry Summit in Tucson, AZ including podium recognition, signage at the Industry Summit FLM program honoring the first graduating class, and recognition in the Summit agenda